- The SEAC is composed of 33 members appointed by the State Board of Education.
- Eight members are at-large appointments.
- A majority (51%) of the delegate members must either be individuals with disabilities or the parents of children with disabilities under the age of 26 who currently receive special education services.
- American Federation of Teachers Michigan
- Arc Michigan, The
- Autism Society of Michigan
- Down Syndrome Association of West Michigan
- Learning Disabilities Association of Michigan
- Michigan Alliance for Families (MAF)
- Michigan Association of Administrators of Special Education
- Michigan Association of Computer Users and Learning (MACUL)
- Michigan Association of Intermediate School Administrators
- Michigan Association of Nonpublic Schools
- Michigan Association of Public School Academies
- Michigan Association of School Administrators
- Michigan Association of School Boards
- Michigan Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Michigan Association of School Psychologists
- Michigan Association of School Social Workers
- Michigan Association of Secondary School Principals
- Michigan Council for Exceptional Children
- Michigan Education Association
- Michigan Elementary and Middle School Principals Association
- Michigan Occupational Therapy Association
- Michigan Reading Association
- Michigan Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Michigan Transition Services Association
- Student Advocacy Center of Michigan
- State Board of Education approved alternate members participate fully in the proceedings of the SEAC when the organization’s delegate member is absent, including the right to vote.